For many, moving can be an intensely emotional or stressful experience. Whether you’re excited to embark on a new adventure in a new home or nostalgic about the place you’ll be leaving, we know that just getting to moving day requires quite a bit of preparation, planning, and work, making this an understandably overwhelming time for some. One way to limit or reduce moving day madness is to take advantage of the age old moving day essentials box – a box of essentials that you’ll need on hand for the day and night of, or morning after, your big move.
Your Moving Day Essentials Box
Each household’s moving day essentials box will vary, but here’s a great starting point!
– A basic first-aid kit
– Chargers for essential electronics
– Bed sheets, blankets, and pillows
– Change of clothes
– Shower rod and curtain
– Paper supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, etc.)
– Cleaning supplies (multi surface cleaning, dish soap, broom, etc.)
– Eating utensils, plates, bowls, and cups for your first night in your new home
– Easy to make food items and beverages (pasta, cereal, snacks, etc.)
– Basic cookware for your food items (pot, pan, can opener, bottle opener, etc.)
– Coffee and coffee supplies
– Pet items (food, dishes, dog bed, etc.)
– A basic tool kit
– Scissors or box cutter
– Necessary documents (driver’s license, lease documents, etc.)
– Children’s essentials (favorite toy, blanket, etc.)
Need to FreeUp some space before or after your big move?
Visit our website to find a FreeUp location near you!